Information Is Communicated Through Various Sources
If a tornado warning is issued, all students and staff should follow directions given
over the public address system and/ or follow directions given by Emergency Response
Team members. All Emergency Response Team members wear bright yellow jackets.
Do become familiar with designated storm shelter areas. These are identified in blue
on all Campus Maps.
Up-to-date closing information is available from the following sources:
In the event of any on-campus emergency a voice or SMS (text message) will be sent.
All MCC Students, Faculty and Staff are encouraged to sign-up for this notification.
Students, Faculty & Staff (on the mcc.edu domain - [email protected])
- Review the instructions for College Notification Voice & Text Messaging Options
- Log into MCC4me
- Complete the form to receive notifications through home phone, SMS (Text Messaging),
Mobile Phone, or other phone.
- Users are responsible for all charges made by service providers for receiving messages
or calls from this system. This system will be tested at least once per semester.
General Public (not on mcc.edu domain - [email protected] ie.: parents, visitors, contractors,
- Text message to 226787 and text the keyword MottAlerts20.
- Once that is completed, you have opted into our Emergency Alert Notification System
and you will receive all future text message alerts.
College Social Media
Find us on:
Students will be notified through their MCC Webmail address of specific class cancellation, site-specific closings, or college-wide closings.
Call (810) 232-8989
for a recorded message announcing a school closing.
Area radio and television stations will be alerted
whenever a decision is made to close the school.
Please do not call the Department of Public Safety with questions about school closings.
This will help keep the dispatchers' lines available to handle emergency conditions
and notifications that are required during an unsafe weather condition.