The Aspen Institute Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence Top 150 2017

General Transfer Information

Welcome to the Mott Community College transfer page! Please see below for a list of helpful links to get you the transfer information that you are looking for.

Transfer Credit

to MCC

Mott Community College accepts various types of transfer credit. The College also has numerous partnerships with other 2 year Colleges, 4 year Universities and local High Schools. The Office of the Registrar is available to assist you and provided below are various types of transfer credit options:

Official Evaluation of Credits Transferred to MCC

Mott Community College generally accepts freshman and sophomore college level credits from a regionally accredited college or university in which the student has received a C or better grade, with the exception of religion courses.

Read additional policies and guidelines on Transferring Credit to MCC

Reverse Transfer

Planning to transfer to a four-year College or University before you earn your associate degree? Consider using university credits to complete your Associate Degree.

Why Reverse Transfer my credits?

  • An associate degree can provide better job opportunities while completing your bachelor’s degree
  • The associate degree is the nation’s fastest growing work credential; employers recognize its value when recruiting and hiring
  • Students who earn an associate degree are more likely to complete their bachelor’s degree.
  • There is no risk to you – even though you are applying the hours you have earned at your 4-year college or university toward an associate degree at Mott Community College, your hours earned will still apply toward your bachelor’s degree.

Mott Community College currently has Reverse Transfer Agreements with:

Transcript Request Form Information

If you are interested in participating in Reverse Transfer, fill out the Request for Academic transcript form and send it to your university Registrar. The university will send your official transcript to MCC to be evaluated for credit. You will also fill out MCC’s Request to Graduate form. Once the MCC Registrar receives your university transcript and Request to Graduate, an official audit will be done on your record to see if you qualify for an associate degree.

Transfer Students Admissions Steps

If you have attended college before and want to get started at MCC, we can make the transition uncomplicated and stress-free. Use your current credits to enter a degree or certificate program here. You can also plan to transfer MCC credits to a four year program. View the complete step by step process in our Admissions Guide for Transfer Students.

Students considering transfer should see a Counselor or Advisor at MCC and the transfer college to assist them with their transfer planning.


Articulation Agreements - High School

Articulation of credit allows students to earn college credit in their high school CTE courses. An agreement is developed by the college and high school teachers if the skills and competencies acquired by students are the same and students will benefit as they continue in a related program of study.

Additional Resources

Transfer Credit

to another College/University

Mott Community College has established partnerships with Michigan 4-year Colleges and Universities to assist you in transferring from MCC to one of our Partner Schools, maximizing credits earned toward both the Associate and Bachelor's degrees.

Contact an academic advisor at the college you plan to attend to ensure that:

  • MCC courses are equivalent to courses at your transfer institution
  • MCC credits are related to your major at the transfer institution

Michigan Transfer Agreement

Michigan’s public colleges and universities, along with some private colleges and universities, have signed The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). The purpose of the MTA is to ensure a seamless transition from the Community College to 4-year colleges and universities for the transfer student. The MTA guarantees that if you successfully complete classes in the following categories, 30 hours of general education will be accepted by the transfer institution as a block of general education credits.

Successful completion means a grade of 2.0 or higher in each course.


The MACRAO Transfer agreement was originally developed and signed by Michigan State College and Universities in 1974 to facilitate the transfer process for students. Over the years, as community college curriculum has changed to meet the needs of the constantly changing workforce, 4-year colleges and universities began putting provisos in place. These provisos have required course-by-course evaluation before awarding transfer credit.

Students are highly encouraged to follow the new Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) requirements; however the previous MACRAO Agreement will be honored by the Michigan College and Universities through the Fall of 2019.

At MCC, the MTA has been included in all AA, AS and AFA degrees and is a portion (30-32 credits) of the requirements for these degrees. Please follow your specific pathway for degree completion. The MTA requirements are not included in the AAS because the focus of the AAS degree is on occupational courses. The AGS degree does not include the MTA requirements.

Articulation Agreements - College/University

Articulation Agreements serve as a bridge and give MCC students additional options, such as two years of coursework at MCC and one year at the college or university (2+2), or three years at MCC and one year at the college or university (3+1). These agreements specify a course taking plan, that when followed by a student at MCC, results in a seamless transfer of credits for the student to their program of study at the university.

For specific agreements visit our College and University Agreements online.

Be sure to review the General Education Transfer Guide for the school(s) you're interested in transferring to, as well as any applicable program-specific guides. You can also talk to an MCC Advisor for assistance with transfer planning.

Transfer Guides

A transfer guide is a list of equivalent community college courses that will meet the program and/or general education requirements for a particular bachelor’s degree. It is important for you to plan your transfer courses with an MCC Advisor/Counselor along with the information from the college or university you are considering.

Transfer Counseling is available to assist students with developing their plans for transferring. Students may take up to two years towards a four year degree at Mott Community and then transfer to a four year college or university.

View the list of Transfer Guides.

Be sure to review the General Education Transfer Guide for the school(s) you're interested in transferring to, as well as any applicable program-specific guides.

Representatives from most Michigan public and private colleges and universities visit the MCC campus each semester. For more information about Transfer Advisement Days, contact the Counseling Center, PCC2030. Dates and times are sent to students' MCC email accounts and are also on the Transfer Advisement Days web page.

Course Equivalency Lists

Michigan four-year universities provide course equivalency lists to assist students in transferring. Course Equivalent Lists tell a student:

  • Whether or not a course will transfer
  • If a course has an equivalent course at the four year university
  • Whether or not a course will fulfill General Education Requirements
View the Course Equivalency Lists

University Center at MCC

Mott Community College University Center
Check the University Center located on the MCC Main Campus. This unique partnership allows students to earn a bachelor's or master's degree from a major university without leaving Flint.

Mott2UM-Flint Concurrent Enrollment Program

Mott Community College/University of Michigan Flint Concurrent Enrollment

With a single admission application, students can take advantage of the resources and course selection at the University of Michigan-Flint and Mott Community College. The Mott2UM-Flint concurrent enrollment program offers you the opportunity to take courses at both institutions at the same time, meaning tuition savings and maximum flexibility of the path to a University of Michigan bachelor’s degree.

University of Michigan-Flint Transitions Program

Identifies and recruits a select group of students at Mott Community College and encourages them to pursue a baccalaureate degree. The Transitions Program provides a series of support services that encourages persistence at MCC, directs students through the transfer process and continues with follow-up services to support academic achievement and graduation from the University of Michigan-Flint. Contact: Tonya Keener's Office: (810) 762-0421. Fax: (810) 232-9831 Email:

July 19, 2016
Mott Tree Logo