to the MCC Humanities Division
Courses in the Humanities Division are among the most popular at Mott Community College. All areas of study require students to obtain certain skills that the Humanities Division offers. Many of the general education courses required by four-year colleges and universities may be acquired within the Humanities Division and are fully transferable.
- Composition and Creative Writing
- Composition for Technical Fields
- Speech Communication
- Radio and Television, Film
- Foreign Languages
- English as a Second Language
- American Sign Language
- Sign Language Interpreter Education
- Reading and Developmental Writing to improve students' existing skills
are designed to help our students succeed in their college studies at MCC, when they transfer to other colleges or universities,
and in the workplace.
Humanities courses encourage students
to expand their personal boundaries into the world around them
by developing their skills in critical thinking, by helping them
learn to express themselves in written and verbal forms, and
to learn to communicate in languages other than English.