Department of Public Safety provides many services for the MCC students,
faculty, staff and visitors. In addition to their availability in
emergency situations the Department provides non-emergency assistance.
Take the time to become familiar with these services before you need
! Notify Public Safety immediately in the event of an emergency.
- Autombile Accident Reports
Immediately report on the Emergency number (810) 762-5666.
Do not contact the Flint Police Department. They will not take a report on college property. When you call indicate whether there is an injury and the make and color of the vehicles involved.
- Car Problems
If you experience car trouble on campus the department is available to assist you with such problems as:
Provide your location and the make, model, year, color and license plate of your vehicle. If possible, remain with your vehicle. An officer will respond and assist you as soon as possible.
- Dead Car Battery
- Frozen Door Lock
- Flat Tire
- Lost Car
- Keys Locked in Car
In the event of a fire, immediately vacate the building
at the sound of an alarm. Never use an elevator during a fire alarm.
If you discover a fire, no matter how small, activate the nearest
fire pull box and then contact the Department of Public Safety
- Lost and Found
- The Department of Public Safety receives all lost and found property on the main campus. The department maintains a log of all reported lost items. A Public Safety officer will respond to any calls to pick up found property. All attempts will be made to return found property to the owner. At satellite locations contact the main office.
- Medical Assistance or Personal Injury
- Call the Emergency number (810) 762-5666.
The department will provide basic first aid and contact an ambulance
or additional assistance if necessary.
- Personal Escorts
- Escort service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all members of the Mott College community. If you need an escort, call the department and give your name, location, and destination. A Public Safety officer will meet you and escort you to your destination.
- Requests for Notification of a Personal Emergency
Students may be reached in case of verifiable emergencies on the main campus by contacting the Department of Public Safety at (810) 762-5666. At satellite locations contact the main office. The dispatcher will ask the nature of the emergency in an attempt to determine if the emergency constitutes an immediate removal from class or if the notification can take place at the beginning or end of the class. Please be sure to leave your name and telephone number with the dispatcher in case the notification can not be made. Limit requests for emergency notifications to "true emergencies" only. Notifications will not be made for missed appointments, meetings or lack of transportation.
- Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence