Waitlisting Information & Process Details
Waitlist is a registration process that allows students to wait for seats to open
in a full section of a course. It does not guarantee students seats, but it will allow the student to hold a spot in line should a seat open up. By joining
a Waitlist, students will be reserving their place in line. Waitlists close approximately
1-2 weeks prior to the beginning of the semester, at which time open seats become
first come, first serve.
If an opening occurs:
- An email notification will be sent to the student’s MCC Email account informing the student that they have permission to register for their Waitlisted
- Once notified, the student will be given THE DAY THE EMAIL NOTIFICATION WAS SENT AND THE FOLLOWING BUSINESS DAY to complete the registration process of a Waitlisted section. Email notifications
will be sent out one time per business day, generating at approximately 4am that day.
- Registration can be completed on MyBackpack/MCC4ME for those students who meet the
requirements OR in person at the Registration office at any of the following locations:
- Main Campus, Flint- Prahl College Center, Lower Level
- Southern Lakes Branch Center, Fenton- Building A, Room 1001
- Northern Tier Center, Clio- NTC Main Office
- Lapeer Extension Center- Large Commons
- If your Waitlist selection becomes available but conflicts with your current class
selections, you will need to adjust your schedule at the time of registration for
your Waitlist section.
- If your Waitlist section becomes available and will cause you to exceed the credit
limit°, you will need to adjust your schedule at the time of registration for your
- A Student may not take more than 18 credits in a semester or nine (9) credits in a
spring or summer session without special permission from the Academic Dean over the
student’s program of study.
You must meet all of the following requirements to register online using MyBackpack/MCC4ME:
- Have a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) or higher. New students (currently enrolled) without an established GPA are eligible to register online.
- Completed ALL mandatory pre-requisites for the course you want to register for.
- Do not owe an outstanding debt to the college.
What are the student’s responsibilities?
- It is the student’s responsibility to monitor how this transaction will impact their
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that their course(s) are paid for or
that they have secured a method of payment prior to the payment due date.
- Payment due dates can be viewed on the Academic/Registration Calendar on the MCC website.
- After the payment deadline date, tuition must be paid immediately upon registration.
- It is the student’s responsibility to monitor their MCC email account for Waitlist
- If the student fails to register during the allotted 2 day time period, the student
will be dropped from the Waitlist. The student may be re-added to the Waitlist, but will not be given their previous placement on the Waitlist. They will, instead, be added to the end of the current Waitlist.
Students are able to remove themselves from their selected Waitlist online through