A guide to finding information and conducting research in the Mott College Library.
Contact a librarian if you need assistance.
Books: Looking for a book by title or author, or books on a particular subject or topic?
- Use the Library Catalog to locate books owned by Mott Library. If you want to also search the Baker and Kettering libraries, use the drop down menu next to “library:” and choose “ALL”. Current MCC students can have Baker and Kettering books sent to MCC by choosing the “Place Hold” link and logging in with the 14 digit number on their MCC ID card or they can visit Baker or Kettering and check out the books with their MCC ID card and a photo ID.
- LibGuides provides research assistance, subject guides and useful resources compiled by the Mott Library librarians.
Magazine and Journal Articles: The Mott Library offers many online databases that contain articles from a wide variety of magazines, periodicals, journals and newspapers. There is also a database (ebrary) that contains over 28,000 ebooks. For a more complete overview of the Mott Library’s “Online Resources”, check out this LibGuide.
- Go to the Mott Library’s Online Resources page. Note: Currently enrolled students who are off-campus will be prompted to enter the 14 digit number, above the barcode on their MCC ID cards. Below are descriptions of some of the databases available.
- Academic Search Complete is the world's most valuable and comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals.
- The CINAHL (Cumlative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature) database provides coverage of nursing, dental, occupational therapy, physical therapy, respiratory therapy and other allied health fields literature back to 1982.
- ebrary College Collection is an electronic book collection for community colleges with unlimited access to more than 28,000 multidisciplinary titles. This collection can be delivered via world wide web with powerful features that make research quick and easy.
- EBSCO Omni File Full-Text Select contains full-text articles from over 3000 journals covering a wide variety of subjects.
- JSTOR is an online database that helps scholars, researchers, and students discover, use, and build upon a wide range of content in a trusted digital archive of over one thousand academic journals and other scholarly content.
- The PsycArticles database contains over 143,000 full-text articles from 78 different journals published by the American Psychological Association.