Health referrals and related health services
are available to help MCC students feel well, avoid illness and succeed
with their studies.
Health referrals can assist you with
concerns such as:
- Physical health issues and questions
- Treatment for illness or injury
- Over the counter medications for minor illnesses
- Health screenings include: vision, hearing, blood pressure, blood sugar, HIV and pregnancy testing
- Hepatitus-B vaccinations
- MMR vaccinations
- Tetanus vaccinations
- TB skin testing
- Referrals to community agencies and outside healthcare providers
- A place for students to rest and recuperate
|NURSE PRACTITIONER HOURS
|Monday||May 20||2:00pm|| to ||4:00pm|
|Wednesday||May 22||1:00pm|| to ||3:00pm|
|Wednesday||May 29||1:00pm|| to ||3:00pm|
|TBA||TBA||TBA|| to ||TBA|
A Nurse Practitioner is a registered nurse that has completed an advanced education in diagnosis and management of common medical conditions, including chronic illness. Nurse Practitioners make prevention wellness and patient education priorities. They can diagnose, and treat acute illness, infections, injuries and do physical examinations. They can prescribe medications.
Our office has a physician director, Russell L. Bush, M.D., who oversees the medical decisions extended to our patients. Nurse Practitioners Pat Ward MSN., FNP-BC and Lynn Zink MSN., NP-C are available by appointment. Our nurse practitioners are also available for health care consultations by appointment during scheduled hours.
Please note: there is a fee for pharmacy filling of referral follow up care, and x-rays received elsewhere.
Services are available to the general public through the Division of Health Sciences.
- Physicals by appointment as required for students in the Health
- Medical consultation
- Referrals to specialists, laboratories, and medical imaging